Picking up where I left off yesterday, I formed pintles on the back piece, and cut the hinge cleats.
Before pinning the carcass together, I cut out the pine bottom and chamfered all four edges.
I cut a pine lid, but only chamfered three edges. The back edge was left square. With all eight parts cut and fitted, I pinned the carcass together with 1/8 inch pins. The carcass was then pinned to the bottom. The lid was glued and pinned to the cleats while attached to the pintles. This saltbox, measuring, 4″ H x 8″ W x 5″ D, was then slathered with a 50:50 mixture of boiled linseed oil and turpentine, and placed in the sun to darken.
With a saltbox added to the collection, I’ll continue with yet more treenware. Perhaps I’ll make a wall-hung saltbox next.