Author Archives: Ron Aylor

About Ron Aylor

Nothing profound here, really. Just the projects and the occasional random thought of a mostly self-taught unplugged woodworker. I'm retired, living in Lilburn, Georgia with my bride of 20-plus years. Originally from Virginia, I've been a bandsman in the US Army, a firefighter, a draftsman, and lastly, a funeral director. I love to build Colonial American furniture. Doing so unplugged and with minimal hand tools is a Communion of Saints, as I try to emulate the craftsmanship of the cabinetmakers of the past.

How About Some eBooks

I realize that eBooks may not be in keeping with the whole unplugged motif, but hey, it is almost 2020, and I did spend a lot of time making all of those Roubo “cellphone” stands. So without further ado, please check out the addition of the “eBooks” page, now on the blog.


The links on that page will take you to my page on Smashwords™. I will be compiling project posts and offering a more detailed look at completed projects with future eBooks. Enjoy, and thanks for the support!